Friday 17 February 2017

Why You Should Join The Writathon Challenge


I am not sure where I heard or read this statement, but I have come to hold it as true - at least to a very great extent, that, "if you do something consistently for at least 21 days, you can more easily make it a part of your life thereafter." Yes, It will turn out to be much easier to continue doing that same thing subsequently.

That statement amidst many other benefits I perceived were the most propelling forces behind my decision to join the 21 Days writing challenge - Writathon.

I have learnt the power of consistency in the past months. How that I can change my life, career, develop any skill, talent and explore more and more of my potential by working at it consistently, day-in day-out.

I came across the Writathon challenge at a time when I was getting really busy at work. Even though I knew I could write, to devote that time to brainstorming and carving excellent pieces seemed a piece of a drag.

I had indicated my interest on the Facebook page since December, 2016, but I still couldn't summon the courage to join. Deep inside of me, however, I knew the only solution to my challenge was to start writing all the same.

I finally pulled down the stumbling block, long after most others had completed their Writathon. What gave me the greater encouragement were the writing prompts I would receive in my mail everyday, which would give me a sort of guide on what to write on each day.

I knew only by joining the challenge will I get expertise reviews of my writings including those by other aspiring writers who would see my daily posts and of course understand the fact that I am just starting. They might be critical, but in the end, I will come out bigger and better for it. I joined the writing challenge because chiefly by writing can I improve my vocabulary-base while also building confidence on my use of words, punctuations and other attributes of an excellent piece, now that I will be writing for an audience.


The writing challenge will also push me to do more research, since a bit of that must reflect in my articles. The underlying facts upon which my convictions are built must be confirmed and faultless, even though I will be building on them from my opinion. I will also consciously observe how others write with the aim of gleaning few things that could appear in my writing also.

My fears were ultimately suppressed under the weight of the above gains. I joined the challenge of writing an article everyday for 21 days!

Have you been thinking of writing but can't find the time? Do you feel you can beautifully knit words leaving your audience to stop by for a treat? You can overcome that stumbling block standing between you and your dream of turning out a seasoned writer. Send a mail to Sam Osho (inisamos@gmail.com) today and let the journey begin. Join the Writathon challenge!

The key is in your hands, step forward and open that door to your world of possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment