Sunday 19 February 2017

My Passion


After spending days and countless hours poring over numerous articles about the development of the technologies we celebrate today, I came up with a piece I considered worthy of publication in a magazine with a huge potential reach; Niger Kopa - A publication by the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)  Niger state, Nigeria.

I had ventured into researching the advent of technology dating as far back as the stone age down to the industrial revolution of the 1700s up until most recent 19th, 20th and 21st centuries. I made my readers appreciate how far we have come as humans and how far generation after generation have pushed the limits of invention and innovation.

This experience perhaps made me  further realize an area where I have developed a lot strength, and that is research. I have an almost unquenchable thirst for technological research, especially examining those who have churned out excellent products and services that have greatly changed the world; by improving the quality of human lives, revolutionizing businesses and totally disrupting entire industries. Several names; Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Richard Branson and Elon Musk come to the fore.

I am passionate about reading and writing about people like these, some not even on the big-screens who have deployed their skills, followed their passion and doggedly pursued a course they believe will changed the lives of other people for the better, right from unknown communities in Kenya, Nigeria to the more popular places like Silicon Valley.

This way, I can encourage someone to  invest his energy and resources in a course he hitherto felt was unprofitable. I am passionate about encouraging those who will dare to traverse uncharted territories.

I have a penchant for excellence. I like to write, just so my words will spur my reader to action. I want my words to appear to my reader, only to hear him scream... 'This is what I have been waiting for!'

I love to write about personal development. How you can develop more and more skills and talent, and release more and more of your potential by following in the foot steps of men who have done the same.

My passion is to challenge people both with spoken and written words, how they can despise the odds, develop the energy to break through when they have been  pushed to the wall and not just describe how insurmountable the obstacles are.

In my reading, I want to learn -  drink from the deep reservoirs of knowledge; men who have changed the world in their own rights so I can develop strength to do the same.

In my writing, I want to share my wisdom - encourage millions out there who will encounter my works which will release another rush of energy to pursue their dreams already battered by the waves of procrastination, inferiority and complacency.

This is what keeps me awake, and cause me to experience many 'light-bulb' moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment