Thursday 30 March 2017

What's Your Excuse?

Image Credit: www.daimanuel.com

These days, I find many obstacles in the way of executing some of my plans, desires and goals.

I can give you many reasons why I can not take that online course because I am working. I spend my productive hours at work and get home very tired most of the time.

I can not learn programming or web app development because I have never written a line of code. All the platforms from which I can learn online require me to commit as long as 8 hours per week. Weekends would have been a good time but I also go to work on Saturdays even though I leave much earlier compared to other days in the week.

I can not study and pray every morning because I have to wake up very early if I must catch the staff bus. Remember, I have to prepare breakfast. I also  cannot afford to leave my room in a mess!

Don't expect me to fast! Do you know how much energy I expend at work? If you have ever worked in a factory, you will readily understand that the noise and heat generated are enough to leave you lethargic after few hours. Yet you want me to stay without food from morning to evening? No way!

I want to start a small business as a side hustle. I am not sure I will be able to meet all of my needs and live a more comfortable life if I continue earning this low on my current job.

You know what? I need a grant or at worst, a loan. The power situation in my flat is so bad, in fact, it is country-wide. Yet, I need to power my laptop so I can write and submit the business plan in the next available application for entrepreneurs seeking funding.
Image Credit: ryanmarciniak.com
These and many more are reasons why I might never make any move at all because my eyes are fixed on the impediments.

Usually, we think everyone who has made a mark or achieved whatever goal had all things in his favour. How deceptive! It's easy to think; so and so place does not lack electricity, internet connection and a host of other things that make life comfortable. We remain oblivious of their challenges.

How about the temptation of staying online all day, spending quality time on irrelevant stuff, or playing video games because there is constant power supply, the tendency to spend countless hours on social media following the latest rumours and news that gives just information without knowledge?

If you must achieve your goals, you must look beyond those roadblocks. Don't give excuses! You will achieve nothing by doing so.

Contribute those few minutes, hours and days to that big dream.  Sure, it will take time, but you must start now! Let those few chances you have contribute to a line of code, another sentence of that article on your mind, a page of that business plan!

Make every moment count!

Stop giving excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment